Why Choose South Perth Early Learning School
We employ university graduate teachers to develop the early learning curriculum
Our team leaders for each room are Children Services diploma graduates and they create a play environment to ensure optimum learning
An important focus for our team is communication, feedback and follow up with parents
We have specialist and dedicated programs for each of our Nursery, Toddler and Kindergarten/Preschool rooms
Our programs are based on the latest research and include elements from Montessori, Steiner, Waldorf, Shichida and Reggio Emilia.
We have extensive kindergarten and school readiness programs to maximise your child’s potential to excel in school
South Perth Early Learning School is a brand new purpose built- centre in a new building conveniently located only 30 seconds from South Perth Freeway on ramp
Our centre has been designed and built with the best of indoor and outdoor activity areas to provide an excellent learning environment for each age group
We prepare fresh, healthy and nutritious meals each day in our kitchen
We provide extended trials with your first week free of charge to ensure your child is completely comfortable and happy
Our total service is exceptional value due to the benefits of a full education and learning program coupled with caring and nurturing childcare
Between 7am-8am, we prepare healthy nutritional breakfasts suited to each child’s dietary requirements, at no extra charge
Safety is our highest priority, with CCTV cameras throughout the centre, digital pin code entry to each room and all relevant building and licensing requirements in operation
Our brand new play equipment and facilities are built for maximum child safety, with soft fall surfaces and kid-safe designs
Our riverside location gives our children access the one of the world’s best inner-city playgrounds, right on our doorstep
South Perth Early Learning School is an independent WA owned operation with 25 years’ experience in Early Childhood Education
Our previous childcare centres were officially assessed as “High Quality” by Childcare Accreditors
The Principal Director has previously served as Vice President of the WA Child Care Association of WA for over 8, providing confidence to parents in the commitment of the management
Our school is planned in order to develop a child’s capacity to learn with input from educators, families and the community, to support a child’s well-being, learning and development capabilities and where children can grow, thrive and reach their full potential.
- The rights of children
- Evidence-informed practice
- Ethical practice & Accountability
- At South Perth Early Learning School, we provide quality care, stimulating learning experiences and an atmosphere that allows children, families and communities to feel safe, secure and welcome. The elements of the Early Years Learning Frameworks (EYLF) govern our curriculum. The five learning outcomes enable children to discover their world in a holistic approach, giving each child a sense of belonging, being and becoming.
- We aim to provide indoor and outdoor spaces that allow children of any age to explore and play, thus enhancing their imagination, self-help skills and learning abilities.
- We believe in educating the children to be conscious of the world and environment in which we live. Making children aware of sustainable practices will help them learn to respect the environment and make wise choices about recycling, regrowth and up cycling. While taking an active role in caring for the environment we can educate children to become more environmentally active both at the school, at home and in the community.
- We promote respect, so children can build a strong relationship with their peers.
- These relationships create supportive environments that allow children to have the confidence to ask questions, solve problems and feel successful.
- We believe in children having choices when it comes to their learning. Educators plant the seed and create opportunities for further growth. We believe in giving children the foundations to explore their world at their own pace and have fun doing it.
- We believe in communicating with families and sharing with them their child’s journey. Our portfolios and evolving curriculum allow parents to see the many exciting experiences their child partakes in whilst here at SPELS daily.
- We believe in creating acceptance in relations to ethnicity, culture, ability, gender, age, economic status, family structure, lifestyle, religion and language. We have an open-door policy, in that we invite participation in all aspects of the school including planning, parent-help days and reviewing of policies and procedures. Ongoing communication is given between educator and families regarding children’s behaviour and level of learning.
Our commitment to continuous improvement ensures that we remain current and reflective in our care and education practices are innovative when creating and planning our environments maintain passion and commitment to providing high quality create an environment that encourages a child’s sense of joy and fun.
What Our Visitors Say!
This childcare setting is wonderful. It’s very well set up and staff are very nice, helpful and welcoming. We had a tour before we joined and liked it straight away. The manager showed us around, explained their approach and policies and answered patiently all our questions. My daughter settled there very quickly and absolutely loves it. We were looking for a childcare where they take the safety, well being and education of our daughter seriously and we found it. We can only recommend it
Who We Are
South Perth Early Learning School provides a fun-filled, nurturing and motivating environment that is adaptable and safe so that children can be encouraged and supported in their growth and development.
South Perth Early Learning School is fully Western Australian family- run centre and we pride ourselves on partnerships with families. We look forward to impacting young lives not only the children who come to the centre but also the highly qualified educators that will be nurturing your children at such an impressionable age.
Our primary focus at South Perth Early Learning School is to give our young generation the best possible start to their educational journey.
Based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), we believe in ensuring the safety, health and well being of children attending our centre. SPELS strongly supports all the guiding principles of the National Quality Framework which include the following:
The rights and best interests of the child are paramount.
Children are successful, competent and capable learners.
The role of parents and families are respected and supported.
Commitment to continuous improvement (Best Practice is expected).